Guy Klucevsek/Phillip Johnston Duo
Tales From The Cryptic
(Winter & Winter Music Editions 910 088-2)
- Spin Cycle (Guy Klucevsek)
- Tulips Are Better Than One (Guy Klucevsek)
- Am-Scray (Phillip Johnston)
- The Gift (dedicated to Jerome Kitzke) (Guy Klucevsek)
- Trial By Error (Phillip Johnston)
- Petite Ouverture a Danser (Erik Satie, arr., Guy Klucevsek)
- A Pear for Satie (Guy Klucevsek)
- Slippin' on a Star (dedicated to Joe Mooney) (Phillip Johnston)
- No More Mr. Nice Guy (Guy Klucevsek)
- Der Leiermann (The Organ Grinder) (Franz Schubert, arr., Guy Klucevsek)
- Diggin' Bones (Phillip Johnston)
- A Goyish Kind of Blue (Guy Klucevsek)
- The Road to Woy Woy (Phillip Johnston)
- The Needless Kiss (Phillip Johnston)
- Blue Window (based on The Blue Danube Waltz, by Johann Strauss, Jr., arranged by Teiji Ito and Guy Klucevsek)
Phillip Johnston - soprano, alto saxophones.
Guy Klucevsek - accordion
Recorded at Le Domaine de Lescombes, Eysines, FRANCE, Sept 23 & 24, 2002.
Record & mix engineer: Adrian von Ripka.
Production: Mariko Takahashi
Produced by Stefan Winter.
Executive Producers: Mariko Takahashi & Stefan Winter.
Artwork & Design: Alain Sautrau
"Two players who share a sly, delightfully skewed way with musical idioms, the accordionist Guy Klucevsek and the saxophonist Phillip Johnston, are world-class instrumentalists and, seemingly, natural partners."
- The New Yorker
Email Phillip Johnston.
return to front page